SERVPRO Is The Fire and Water Damage Specialists
Recently SERVPRO of East Louisville was called to a furniture store that had experienced smoke and soot damage. It was affected by another business in the same shopping center that had caught fire. Our crews had the daunting task of removing all the furniture from the 26,000 sq. ft. showroom. The furniture removal alone took days. After the showroom was emptied our crews had a checklist of work to do in order to get the store back in operation.
Here are some of the things we take into consideration during a smoke/fire mitigation and restoration job:
- It's very important to always clean up soot and smoke damage after a fire as soon as possible. In the combustion process, soot and vapors get carried by the air to different surfaces in a property. It is at this time that they get deposited. This will happen until the process of combustion ends, which is when soot gets piled onto surfaces in layers. When the fire damage technicians come to your property, the residue from the soot becomes difficult to remove.
- Removing odors: Technicians will remove any trash that causes the odor and can recontaminate areas that have been cleaned.
- Cleaning: Surfaces and items will get cleaned at this time.
- Deodorization: A deodorizing gas will combine with chemicals that cause the smoke smell.
- Sealing surfaces: Surfaces will get sealed so that the odor gets trapped and the chances of recontamination remain small.
When you have home or commercial fire damage it's important to know how the damage from a fire can affect your home, business, and your possessions. Learning about the cleanup process will help you understand why calling the experts at SERVPRO of East Louisville is the logical choice. For more information regarding fire damage please call 502-897-3608 or visit this link.