Before and After smoke and soot damage to a family heirloom
This customer had a fire loss in a downtown victorian home back in July of 2020. It is unsure how the fire started, but it was likely a cigarette on the very top floor of the home. The fire completely destroyed the upper level of the home and roof.
This quilt was a memento from the homeowners mom who had hand quilted it, and the fire damage caused the quilt to be completely covered in soot and debris.
Our fire cleaning crew has experience when it comes to saving precious items from fire damage when others might think it was too far gone to repair.
The quilt was hung up to dry for extended period of time then HEPA vacuumed, sprayed off with water, then sprayed with SERVPRO Oxi-zap.
Once the initial cleaning was done then the quilt was soaked in a container over several nights with the same product.
As you can see from the "after" image the customer was thrilled with the outcome of the cleaning. We are proud of the work we do and proud to make things a little easier for our customers during such a tragic time.