Fire Damage to Apartment - Space Heater
This past week SERVPRO of East Louisville was called out to an apartment complex that had a fire on the 3rd floor. The tenant had a space heater in one of the bedrooms and the space heater malfunctioned and burst into flames causing damage to the whole apartment.
Luckily this apartment complex had gotten an Emergency Ready Plan done on the facility so when the crews from SERVPRO of East Louisville showed up to the building they knew where all of the sensitive areas of the building where and what entrances the management wanted us to take to get to the affected apartment. The crews started with the water remediation to prevent any other apartments to get damaged and then started cleaning to entire apartment to get rid of the soot from the walls and placing equipment to get rid of the smoke smell.
An Emergency Ready Plan is a helpful thing to have on your building or place of business it gives valuable information to every employee that you have where the emergency shut offs are throughout the building just in case any catastrophe happens in your place of business.