A lot of people may not realize that mold is a common problem in homes and businesses developing in warm, damp environments. Showers and bathrooms are common areas for mold to grow, however mold can grow in any location of the home or business.
SERVPRO was called out to a business that was reporting some breathing issues in the summer of 2018. Unfortunately, SERVPRO was able to positively conclude that there was mold located in the business through a series of air quality tests and spot checks. Our crews showed up and began working to remove and clean up any and all effected areas. Once removal and proper cleaning had been completed our crews began the next step of sealing the walls and surfaces that had been effected and painted where needed.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (502) 897-3608
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.