How to prevent frozen pipes
The weather in Louisville, Kentucky is going to be below freezing for an extended period of time. This could mean disaster is around the corner for your home or business without the proper preparations to avoid frozen pipes.
Did you know more water damages are caused by broken pipes, plumbing, or appliance malfunctions, than from weather-related issues? A frozen water line can cause your pipes to burst and cause extreme damage to your home.
Be sure to get ahead of the winter season by prepping your home. Here are some tips and tricks to preventing your pipes from freezing and/or bursting.
- Keep your home at a reasonably heated temperature.
- Place fans around your home to help circulate warm air into the cooler areas in the home.
- On colder days consider keeping doors on and cabinetry or closets that contain exposed pipes open so that the warm air can reach them.
- Be sure to disconnect your garden hose, I don’t think you’ll be needing it any time soon.
- In places where water flow is reduced turn the faucet on & apply heat to the vulnerable pipes using a hairdryer. As the pipe heats up any ice will melt and in turn, the water flow will increase.
Avoid freezing pipes. Lastly, if this does happen to you do not wait! Call SERVPRO of East Louisville to come out and take care of your remediation needs! 502-244-7985