Portable Heater Fire Safety
Follow these portable heater tips to help prevent winter fires and to stay safe this winter season. If you find yourself in need of fire damage services don't hesitate to give SERVPRO of East Louisville a call. We are HERE TO HELP!
• Keep anything that can burn, such as bedding, clothing and curtains, at least 3 feet away from the heater.
• Keep them at least three feet from things that can burn.
• Make sure the heater has an automatic shut-off, so if it tips over, it shuts off.
• Turn heaters off when you go to bed or leave the room.
• Plug portable heaters directly into outlets and never into an extension cord or power strip.
• Check your space heater for cracked or damaged cords and plugs.
• Only use portable heaters from a recognized testing laboratory.